Thursday 19 March 2015

Animation Project: Movement

Jo & Jess
----
Ape movement

I did some research on how apes move. Apes tend to walk on their knuckles, but I've decided to go with a different solution. I've made my ape character move only his arms, legs and tail. This however is only a tester, I may change this over time.

Apes walk on all fours, which my ape does, but the apes joints do not all move in the same way as an ape does.

"Knuckle-walking is a form of quadrupedal walking in which the forelimbs hold the fingers in a partially flexed posture that allows body weight to press down on the ground through the knuckles."

Human movement





This is a CGI image of a computer simulation of a human walk cycle. In this model the head keeps the same level at all times, where as the hip follows a curve. My humans head doesn't move. So, like the model above, I'm sticking with that idea.

"Walking (also known as ambulation) is one of the main gaits of locomotion among legged animals, and is typically slower than running and other gaits."

As my human character is going to be walking. I thought about different ways i could make my puppet walk. Like the CGI image above, I'm thinking whichever leg is in front, it will be straight and the back leg will be bent, while the thigh is in a straight angle.

Caveman and cyborg movement

The movement of my caveman character will be the same as the human.

Also cyborgs move the same as humans, but they just have different body features, as they are half robot, half human.


Robot movement - Jess & Jo (Designed by Vicki)

The way robots move can be in different ways. Depending on their size and features. Some futuristic robots may even fly/hover. so they would just float above the ground which mean't no parts of their bodies would move (Maybe the arms but not the legs). If we went with the idea of Iron Mans suit then the robot would be very human-like, which we didn't want. We wanted to drastically change the cyborg/human to a full robot.  



No comments:

Post a Comment