Monday 23 March 2015

Animation Project: Character Design Inspiration - Last Scene

Character Design Inspiration
Vicki

Robot: To start of with the robot character for the last scene, Jess and Jo decided that I would be able to produce a appropriate character for this scene. I was inspired by 2K's concept design of the Big Daddies from Bioshock 2.

I felt that a similar design to these iron diver-suits would work, because of my personal interests with this character. As a gamer and fan of the Bioshock series, the Big Daddies have always appeared to me as robotic monsters of the underwater city of Rapture (More info about the game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock) They were designed by a group of scientists to protect the Little Sisters that crave the ADAM that lay in dead splicers, as the whole art-deco city fights its own civil war. Big Daddies are distinctive of the other enemies in Bioshock and are a important aspect to Rapture, wearing heavy armour, oxygen tanks and the massive drills the wield. 

As the Big Daddies wear more leather/cloth compared to the metal tanks, I designed the character so it was vice-versa, to add a better robotic effect rather than to make it the same. I also decided to remove any weapons, making it appear less life-threatening.



Cyborg: 

No comments:

Post a Comment